One of the most beautiful women I know. Her name is Julie, and she’s my friend who I wouldn’t have met if it hadn’t been for her journey from China to here. She’s here today to tell you and I about adoption, the blessings, the hard parts, and what God has done in her life through this whole story.
You see. Julie was adopted from China at a very young age, and the Lord brought her here to tell her story.
Julie has the most wonderful Instagram that has taught me so much that I never knew about the ins and outs, the good, the bad, the hard, the wonderful of adoption, of being an adoptee.
I’m going to start this with this verse.
Ephesians 1:5, “he predestined usa] for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,”
What happened in Julie’s life is something I call a ‘double adoption.’ She was born in China; she has a beautiful Chinese heritage, and she’s also been adopted into the family of Christ Jesus. Julie’s an incredible gift of God. She’s a gracious woman, a good listener, and I’m privileged that she was willing to come and share with us today.
I’ve made a bunch of misconceptions about adoptees until I met Julie, and that’s why I did this podcast. This is a podcast that touched my heart deeply in so many ways. It taught me that I’m TERRIBLE at listening, and I need to be better at being ‘quick to listen, slow to speak.’ It taught me that it’s so good to just walk alongside those who are hurting, seeking answers, wondering about identity.
In the podcast Julie shared:
– Her story of adoption and coming to the US
– What it’s like being a third culture kid
– Growing up as an adopted kid
– Finding Your Identity and worth in Christ Jesus
– The blessing of meeting other adoptees
– Julie’s trip back to her homeland and why that brought so much healing and closure
– Why adoptees shouldn’t ignore their heritage
– The unseen struggles of an adoptee (how to be a good friend to them)
– Why Julie would recommend other adoptees go back to their home/birth place if they want to .
I wish you could meet Julie. She’s one of the most fun, tender people you’ll ever meet. I’m so grateful she was willing to share how God carved and paved her path all the way to today and into eternity.
Julie’s Instagram: My Adopted Life
Adoption: have you had any adoption misconceptions? What did you learn from Julie’s story?