I met these two gymnasts, Bethany and Rachel, close to when I first got into the blogging world. And what attracted me to them? Simply put, I saw Jesus in them. I saw the compassion, the humble boldness, the kindness of Jesus, and the gentleness with which they were salt and light for Jesus in the online world.
And I wanted to get to know these two girls, but I was intimidated. They had a large Instagram following. They took amazing food photos.
But one day, God orchestrated a FaceTime call between us. When we got on, I couldn’t tell who was who. Bethan and Rachel are twins, and boy are they some of the sweetest, most chill gals I’ve ever met.
These gals are busy, and I was so privileged that God gave us an opportunity to talk about His goodness, talk about how He made us all different, talk about their passion for good food, and food freedom.
Bethany and Rachel are so fun; they switch on and off between saying, ‘Bethany here,’ ‘Rachel here,’ and I got such a kick out of listening to them. I think you will too.
Before we get into it, here are their pictures to introduce you to them.
This is Rachel! 🙂 – She is studying to be an occupational therapist.
And this is Bethany. She’s studying to be an dietitian.
In the show we talked about:
– How they got their start with their blog and Instagram
– Sharing the light of Jesus on the blogging world and wanting to encourage others with it
– Not being ashamed of the gospel but gently and humbly sharing it
– Their journeys as gymnasts and learning to listen to their bodies
– Why they started the hashtag #changeyourfooditude on Instagram in order to promote more food freedom
– Their favorite food freedom, intuitive eating, health at every size bloggers
Robyn – The Real Life RD
Kylie – Imma Eat That
– Learning to rest even when you love working out (Both of them love gymnastics, which often required a lot of moving 5 days a week)
– What each of them does for the blog (Cooking, Pictures, Social Media)
– Not letting the pressure of ‘fitting into a mold’ affect you on social media (Embracing the individuality God gave you)
Their favorite verses lately:
Psalm 46:10 – Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
John 3:16 – ‘6 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.’
– Some of their favorite activities
And I think you would love going to their site and eyeing some of their amazing creations from so many different varieties of brownies, bars, cake, and pancakes. I’ve tried different recipes, and they are all good, simple, delicious, soft, sometimes chocolatey, sometimes fruity or peanut buttery.
I mean. Check OUT their carrot cake.
All drooling aside. This was a genuinely fun, light, vibrant interview, and I hope you are so blessed by these two sweet gymnasts. They vibrate with the life of Christ. They truly are that salt and light described in Matthew 5:13-16, ‘
“You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men.
14 “You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden.15 Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house.16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.’
What did you take away from the podcast?
Have you ever struggled with listening to your body being in a certain profession (gymnast, runner, dancer, etc?)