AND the WINNER OF the ‘Best Nut Butter’ Giveaway is Julie H.!
I almost can’t believe I’m doing this, but I have not one but TWO bar recipes for you. They would be some super fudgy brownies, respectively, and PEANUT free (YES, thank the Lord for SUNFLOWER butter) cookie bars. I guess this is what comes of trying to clean out the refrigerator and make sure that none of your ingredients go bad.
One day I had some sour cream, and I was praying about how to use it. I’m always so AMAZED by how God, as a Loving Father, cares for my baking and enables me to create recipes with some of His ingredients that He has made.
Well, I didn’t have coconut flour, but I wanted to make them gluten free and refined sugar free, so I tried to do them ‘grain free.’ Well, they are super gooey, but they WORKED. Praise the Lord! 🙂
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- 1 avocado (mashed)
- 1/3 c. coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (melted)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave. Make sure they aren't too hot, and mix them with the sour cream and mashed avocado. You can put the mixture in the blender to make it REALLY smooth. Add coconut sugar and 1 egg. Whisk together till well blended. Sprinkle in baking soda and salt. Line 8x8 pan with parchment paper. Pour the batter in and sprinkle MORE chocolate on top. Bake brownies for about 20-25 minutes, depending on how 'doughy' or well cooked. Let cool for about 30 minutes to 1 hour and DEVOUR. :))
And I thought… ‘Why not make another bar recipe?’ I love bars and cookies, if you can’t already tell. 🙂 They are super convenient, and it doesn’t take very long to put together a pan of bars for a friend or our for my family.
Plus, I get to make something ‘peanut free’ with some of the creamy Sun Butter variety.
I settled on S’mores bars without chocolate. ‘Don’t hate…’ 😀
- 1/3 c. Sun Butter Creamy Sunflower Spread
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 3/4 c. flour
- 1/2 c. oats
- 1/2 c. melted butter (or you can use coconut oil if you are dairy free)
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 1/2 c. marshmallows
- 1/4 c. crushed graham crackers
- 1 c. flour
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit. Line 8x8 pan with parchment paper. Melt butter. Add in sunflower butter, egg, and brown sugar. Whisk together till creamy and well blended. Add brown sugar, oats, and flour. Mix well. Add vanilla! Sprinkle marshmallows and crushed grahams over the top. Stir well, and then pour all that delicious gooey batter into the pan. Bake for 30 minutes, and let cool for 20 minutes. THEN add icecream. 🙂
I love y’all, and I really am so grateful that God gives me these opportunities to share recipes, to fail with recipes, and to learn of His grace through making each recipe, and getting to put them in front of you.
Baking is a gift. I think I’ve discovered that it’s the gift God has given me to bless others, and it comes so naturally to me. Since the sermon on Sunday really impressed on me the gift that it is to serve and to give up my life for others because of Jesus Christ and for Jesus Christ, it has been a week of learning more about what it really is to serve. Thank you readers for riding this roller coaster, this journey with me, and I hope I can learn to serve you for the sake of my Lord and Savior more and more everyday.
I still stink at it, but God is working on me, and my Father will DEFINITELY complete this good work in me. Next week we’re going on an adventure. Adventures are always a challenge to recovery, but I am confident that God will show His strength and grace in any of my weakness and struggles, so I’m going to go into it, knowing that He holds each day of the adventure in His hand, just as every day of my life here at home.
He is a GOOD Father.
Ephesians 3:20-21, ‘Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.’
Have you ever tried Sunflower Butter?
Do you like cookies or bars better?
Chocolate or peanut butter or both?
Do you like to travel? Are any parts of it scary or you?
Thank you Katie for letting us link-up the thoughts, the recipes, and the Marvelous Monday thoughts!