March came around, and it’s been SO warm especially for March here in Colorado. We’ve had most days in the 60s, and Sunday last week was even 75! O_o
With the warmer days and longer hours, I have a few goals in mind with training.
1. Get back to speed and hill training. – I did a marathon last year, and my body is not made for consistently training for long distances, so I have to give it an off year after a big race.
2. No diets for me. – Eat moderately. Enjoy a moderate amount of sweets, and really get back to intuitive eating, instead of this calorie counting.
3. Stretch more. – I am very inflexible, and I think this plays into me feeling stiff, especially when I run.
4. Sign up for a 5k and break my PR. My pr is around 23:30.
5. Go on runs without my watch. – Don’t worry about time. Just run for fun. Enjoy the sunshine, smell the fresh air, and listen to the birds.
And that’s it!
Any spring running goals for you?
Is the weather warm where you are yet or is it still kind of ‘winterish?’ (They say Colorado may go back to winter in April.)