Good morning! 😉 I have a rather weighty subject to begin my ‘Thinking out Loud’ post today with, and I’m thankful that Amanda lets us share random thoughts on Thursdays with others. 🙂
Before I share a recap of my week in thoughts and pictures, I want to delve a bit into one of the biggest, worst habits that I incurred after becoming obsessed with eating and exercise. This habit? It was calorie counting. Don’t get me wrong. I’m not opposed to it, but I think some need it. Some definitely don’t need it. I am one of those who don’t, because I tend to be come obsessed with numbers. If I’m not careful I’m obsessively checking my instagram feed for ‘likes’ when I really should be caring about encouraging and loving other people. . .
Calorie counting became the same thing, but the obsession and the bad habit turned into an idol. I still find myself wanting to float over to a website and check the calorie counts on something, just to make ‘sure’ I am within my ‘limits.’
Why do I want to stop? Calorie counting stunts my ability to eat intuitively. I might eat, but if I’m up to my ‘calorie limit’ in my head, I’ll stop, even if I’m hungry. I don’t want to do that anymore. I want to stop ‘thinking about eating’ and eat to enjoy fellowship with my family and being thankful for God’s abundant blessings, that I don’t deserve.
Philippians 4:19, “But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”
He will supply my needs. I don’t need to worry about supplying my caloric needs by counting them out. I need to trust God and STOP it. Though, it’s not as easy as all that, so I’m asking if you would pray for me? Would you pray that this idol would be purged out of my life, so I can continue to go on and walk in freedom and love towards the one who made me? 🙂
And now on to lighter thoughts, funny things, and tasty food that I ate this week!
1. We saw this truck on the way back from the airport yesterday. Redneck? Maybe. I thought it was quite innovative. Who would have thought of building up the sides of your truck with pine trees?
2. On Tuesday, I made Mango bread. Yep, that’s right. I made mango bread. I know that it sounds kind of weird, because you normally think of banana bread, blueberry bread, or apple bread, but not mango bread. The batter was very orange. The loaf was extremely colorful, and the bread? It was very moist, sweet, and delicious. I had a slice for breakfast yesterday, and thankfully I did, because our dog ended up sneaking the last half of the loaf after breakfast. O_o
Of course, it came served with peanut butter. I eat peanut butter with almost everything.
More peanut butter. 😉 I like midnight snacks…
3. My sister is amazing. She just left on a missions trip to Cambodia and Thailand, and I’m already feeling her absence. She has a husky breeding business, and as a result, we have 3 huskies here + puppies. She normally trains and takes care of them, and I’m beginning to appreciate her job even more. We are filling in for her, and I took one of the boys for a walk this morning. He’s a beauty, and I’m amazed at just how much work she has done to train him. He’s a really good dog, super sweet, and obedient. If you need a running buddy, and you can spend a good amount of time with the dog, get a husky! ‘Nough said. 🙂
4. I’m almost done with Olympic triathlon training. I’m pretty nervous about it, but I’m reminded that ‘when I am weak, He is strong.’ I’ve put in the training. I’ve done the hours, so I’m just going to go, have fun, be humbled, and make memories next week!
Yes, this is not my most glamorous picture, but it is what I look like after riding a bike through the rain. . . The feelings that go through your head during a rainy bike ride go as follows.
‘I love this hill… The feeling of flying down it in the rain is EXHILARATING.’
‘I hate this ‘up’hill. I’m so miserable. Everything is wet. My shoes are squishing. My bum hurts. I just want to be home.’
‘I love rain. Everything looks so green…’
You get home and rush inside. A shower has never felt so good.
After this it will be back to less structured training, a few runs here and there, work with the Posture Fit bar, strength training, and a bit of core…
5. The weather has been extremely cool and beautiful the last few days. It’s been alternately foggy and rainy, and today is the first day the sun has come out in a couple days. It makes exercising outside SO NICE, but I am thankful to see the sun today! The grass is the greenest I have seen it in a long time.
I took this picture the other day while on a walk down our road. I thought the fog was beautiful!
Calorie Counting? Do you do it? Why or why not? If you stopped how did you do it?
Have you ever made a baked good that sounded like it would be odd but it was actually really delicious? What was it?