Good morning! It’s time for another broadcast of ‘Thinking out Loud Thursdays’ linking up with Amanda!
1. I have been taking care of SO many dogs this week. 😉 It has its perks and of course, less desirable tasks, but it’s just getting me out of my comfort zone. I have to say that huskies are SO beautiful, and the puppies are absolutely adorable, so that adds quite a few perks to the job. 🙂 So, you Instagram followers are going to have to forgive me for BOMBING your feed with pictures of cute puppies and beautiful mama and papa dogs.
Maia, our mama dog, has one of the sweetest personalities. I was taking her for a walk the other day, and I thought, ‘Wow, you’re really beautiful… This warrants about 10 pictures, one of which I share here.’ God certainly designed a wonderful thing when He made the dog.
2. Icecream always seems to be an integral part of the summer eats around here. When I was in Uganda last year, I realized just how much I take something simple, like ice cream for granted. Of course, this woke me up to why icecream is so good! I didn’t realize that the creamy icecream we get here, from almost any brand, be it Safeway or Ben n’ Jerry’s, is not something that you get around the world. I’ve come to appreciate it more and remember to thank God for every time I get to have an ice cream date in the kitchen with my sistahs!
3. Did you know that this week was National Mac n’ Cheese day? Jenn reminded me on her Instagram with her delicious photo of her mac n’ cheese creation of art. Mac n’ cheese is in many ways incredibly nostalgic to me because I remember us buying packages of Kraft and gobbling them down as kids. My parents were always balanced when it came to eating, and I really appreciate that, as that has changed and continues to change my perspective on an overall healthy life.
Annie’s Mac n’ cheese + more cheese is pretty good. 🙂
4. Happy feet. I really love summer especially for the sake of wearing FLIP-FLOPS. And sorry, US, but Uganda does do a better job on creating beautiful flip-flops. They were my favorite souvenir.
5. Tri training is ALMOST OVER. I’m so excited, a bit nervous, and mostly unsure of what to expect. I did my last long workout on Tuesday with 2 friends at the gym. Working out with friends at the gym = time going SO much faster. Long workouts also mean coming home and making sure to REFUEL with lots of good healthy food. . . 🙂 I’m so thankful that I don’t think of working out any more as a way to burn off ‘excess calories.’ I don’t even connect the two in my mind. I workout so that I can serve God better. I eat so that I can serve God better. It’s a simple, very freeing equation. 🙂
6. Have you ever had ham and cabbage soup? Well, if you haven’t, and you ever have leftover ham, MAKE THIS SOUP! 🙂 It’s really good, and our pot o’ stew stretched for 2 or 3 days.
Ok, tell me. Do you like macaroni n’ cheese? Would you rather get it from a box or make it yourself?
Dogs. Love ’em? Don’t like ’em? Do you have one? What kind?