It’s Five Things Friday y’all, and the theme is ‘Five Things that Make me Happy.’ Check out Courtney, Mar, and Cynthia’s Links along with all the other happy bloggers. 🙂 I find that one of the greatest cures for complaining is being grateful, so here we go!
What makes you happy? There are so many things for which I’m grateful, but I only have room to share just a few today! So, without further ado, here they are!
1. Being Outdoors. I love seeing sunsets and sunrises, being in the rain, running in the sunshine. I <3 picking wildflowers, many of which you have seen on the blog. Being outside reminds me of this verse in Psalm 24:1, ‘The earth is the LORD’S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.’
2. New Life. We’ve had both puppies and kittens born at our house in the past 6-8 weeks. The kittens were born 8 weeks ago. The puppies were born, well, last night. 🙂
Picture Credit: My Younger Sister 🙂
3. Bare Feet. I love the freedom of bare feet, of walking around without shoes or socks, of digging my feet in the dirt, and feeling wet grass on my toes. It feels especially good when you wash the floors. :o)
4. Moms and Little Children. I was just talking to my mom today, and I realized again just how much she loves and cares about us. I’m so thankful that she loves us enough to show us where we’re lacking, encourage us to change, and be our cheerleader even when we fail. She loves Jesus with all her heart, and her compassion for others is AMAZING.
And… every time I go and babysit, my appreciation for young moms (my mom when we were little), grows and grows. I always marvel that the kids are still alive when I’m done babysitting. 😀
5. Rivers. I love flowing water. It reminds me of the water of God’s Word, His salvation, that washes us, cleans us, and makes us new. 🙂 And it’s really fun to put your toes in them.
What is making you happy today?
Do you like animals? Have you ever had baby animals in the house?