Security. We all want it, right? We want to be secure, to be safe, to be loved. We want to know that people aren’t going to abandon us right now, or we hesitate to get into relationships with them. Who else thinks these things like me? But in the past 5 years, especially, as I’ve had more exposure to dating and courtship and relationships with boys and girls, the more I’ve realized that even though these relationships are special when they are Christ centered and God ordained, they can’t be my fulfillment. They can’t be my security, because human beings are fallible. They aren’t 100% immune to failing or falling.
We were listening to a sermon that was on Psalm 62:5 last night, and this issue of security hit me. Psalm 62:5, ‘Yes, my soul, find rest in God;
my hope comes from him.’
My hope comes from Him.
A while ago, I posted about being single. I am still single, and there are so many benefits to it. There are so many blessings to learning to find my hope, my joy in God alone.
And I don’t want to ever get married and try to find my ultimate fulfillment in my husband. I know that it’s a beautiful gift from God, a beautiful thing when God brings a man and woman together as a sweet picture of Christ and His church, but if I’m looking for my ultimate security in that man, I will be disappointed.
That has been part of what I’ve wrestled with and struggled with along with body image issues and identity struggles.
Who am I if a man hasn’t accepted or loved me like a husband would?
That’s where my sister in Christ Jesus has HELPED me so much; I went with this girl on a walk last week, and she just blew me away with her joy, her security in Christ Jesus, and every time I meet with her I see her grow in that knowledge of God’s love for her, of Jesus’ blood and righteousness, Jesus’ victory in her life, and she isn’t focused on what she doesn’t have, like a relationship or a husband.
That’s what this podcast is all about. A dear sister in Christ from my local church body, Maegan C, talked with me about:
– Why security in Christ Jesus is such a good foundation for relationships with our brothers in Christ
– Being Filled up with God’s unconditional love in the way we treat our relationships and why that puts security into our relationships.
– How we’ve struggled with being single and what we’re learning about the gifts of being single
– Focusing on the GIFTS of being single, singly devoted to Jesus, instead of wanting a relationship God hasn’t brought along
– The top 5 blessings of finding security in Jesus
– Being able to fully focus on investing in family relationships and relationships with friends
– Why security in Christ affects the way we look at beauty
– What we’ve learned from healthy marriages we’ve seen about continuing to seek Jesus while being married
This gal shares a super LIFE giving Instagram page. She just came back from 5 weeks of rich discipleship training, and she is just blossoming. I feel grateful to be her friend and seeing God’s MIGHTY work in her life, His marvelous transforming sweet work in her. I am so grateful you get to hear her story, hear her journey and what God is doing in her.
You will LOVE this girl.
I hope and pray that you will be blessed by her sweet testimony, and with us, you can find your security in Jesus Christ alone.
What have you learned about finding security in Christ?