Seeking God’s will for our lives is something that I’ve been wrestling with right now. There’s a lot of uncertainty in front of me, more than usual. I’m in the midst of feeling like I need to seek something different after the end of this year, but I’m not sure what that is. I have about 5 or 10 ways I could go. But I’m not sure yet about which way I should go.
Until the end of the year, I have so much going on, and I’m very thankful that I don’t have to have my whole life planned out to a ‘T’. Yet there are a few things I’m struggling with and wondering if I’m doing these things in the right way.
learning to use my gifts in the right way
being intentional and effective for God’s kingdom
seeking God’s kingdom first in everything that I do
I’m feeling a bit stuck. I know that I won’t be ‘stuck’ forever, but I know the Lord is teaching me to wait, to wait quietly for the Lord, and in the midst of it remain faithful where I am.
Now I also have another friend who is wrestling with these things too, and she is one of my dearest friends. She loves the Lord, loves reaching out to the homeless population in California, loves kitties, and acting.
This friend is my sister in the Lord, Jamie. If you haven’t followed along with her life you should. Her daily encouragements despite really tough situations are so life giving to me.
So in this episode Jamie and I talked about:
– when God closes one door and opens another
– Dwelling in uncertainty and trusting God
– Being faithful in the little things while asking the Lord for wisdom about what to do next
– What Jamie has loved doing in this uncertain season of life
– Asking the Lord to close the doors and open the doors He wants closed and opened
– Praying in uncertainty (Hint: It doesn’t have to be complicated)
– Doing the next thing and enjoying the next thing
– How Jamie has seen the Lord work through really hard, uncertain situations in her past
– The divine appointments God puts in front of us when we’re walking through uncertainty
– How all of life has different uncertainties but God uses it to teach us to trust
Here’s the gist of where I am right now. I’m thinking of:
a food service job
a job at a camp
helping out moms with their kids
asking a local bakery if I can intern there
But not one of those STANDS out to me, so I’m waiting, hoping, praying for clarity.
And in the meanwhile I’m going to remain faithful to:
preparing for an EXCITING trip in September
helping dog sit
doing FAMILY STUFF!
watching fun movies with my sister
enjoying learning and growing with my fam
Have you ever had a lot of uncertainty you’re facing? How did you see God work through it?