Welcome to ‘Thankful Tuesday’! Sometimes, I think it’s hard to be reminded of just how much we have, especially when life is hard, and when struggles come our way. Every Tuesday I want to share just a few of the many blessings God has brought my way, in order to clear my thinking, reset my focus, and remind me that God is ALWAYS so good!
Thus starts the ‘Thankful Tuesday’ series. . .
1. Food: Carbs, Fat, Protein. It’s not just scientific links of Chemical bonds, but it’s delicious. It has so much variety. There is sweet food, sour food, bitter food, and even spicy food. And who doesn’t like a bowl of frosted mini wheats? It’s like dessert in a bowl, except all that fiber and whole grain balances out the frosting. 😀 Disclaimer: I do not have a health degree and am not a health expert, so don’t take my nutritional advice and make it your own without consulting someone who knows a lot more than me. 🙂
2. Gingerbread Houses – A fun and memorable tradition in which you put candy all over a house, to be eaten slowly a few weeks later with yummy hot cups of tea… And looking at this photo reminds me of Christmas. Sigh… I <3 Christmas.
3. Sunsets- There is something about a sunset that never grows old. My dad always looks out the window and says, “Wow, that picture is worth a thousand post-cards. Colorado has GREAT sunsets. The panorama of pinks, oranges, reds, and yellows fills the sky, and it makes you want to stand back in awe and repeat, ‘The heavens declare the glory of God.”
4. Family (I love my family. They are my best friends, and the people with whom I’ve cried with, laughed with, struggled with, and grown together) They will always be close to my heart, because we all love Jesu, and we all want to be more like Him.
5. Friends. My closest friends are like family, and I love them bunches and bunches. We can go for weeks without talking ’cause we get busy, but when we come back together, the same bond of love and friendship is still there. Proverbs 17:17 says, “A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.’
6. Dogs. Dogs are so cute, and they never seem to worry. Whenever I’m ruffled or upset, I often look at the dogs and think, I have even more reason not to be ruffled, because I have a home in heaven. I am saved by the grace of God, therefore why should I be troubled or afraid? Puppies. They trust us to give them food, water, and cuddle them, and they never stay up for hours, worrying whether or not food will be on the table the next day.
7. Peanut Butter. It goes so well with everything . . . Ok, maybe you won’t find me putting it in my scrambled eggs anytime soon. Yeah, this is a random one, but they just go so well together, especially when you know all the work that went into stirring that clumpy jar of peanut butter.
8. Sisters who keep your competitive edge sharp. Frisbee. Fresh Air and Green Grass = LOVELY.
9. Memories – This was almost 5 years ago with a sweet friend, camping out in the mountains of Colorado.
10. Beautiful Rivers. Being by a river reminds me of just how peaceful God’s created world is. The only thing that makes it chaotic is men’s sin. We mess it up. We fight. We throw trash out the window, because we don’t care about stewarding the earth. We yell at each other, but God sent His Son to redeem us, to redeem me from that. I am so thankful, that I am not as I once was, but washed, cleansed, and redeemed by the blood of the Lamb.
Colossians 1:21-22, “And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled. In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:”
I could make this post even longer, but I want to stop and just ask you all what you are thankful for today?