Friday!!! 🙂 It’s almost Saturday and almost Sunday, which means another AWESOME Sunday to go and worship God with other believers. What a privilege and amazing time it is, and I have learned to look forward to it more and more as I’ve gotten older.
I also get to join another link-up today with Clare! I <3 that these ladies develop these link-ups in order for bloggers and friends to hop from blog to blog and get ideas, encouragement, and thoughts for the day!
1. Today is kind of a special day for me. 🙂 I’m not going to tell you what kind of special, but I’m looking forward to spending the day with my family. So, my first Friday favorite that is my favorite almost every Friday (unless I’m being selfish) is my FAMILY!
These girls are my bestest friends. 🙂 I’m so thankful that they have never walked away from our friendship, shown the forgiveness of Christ to me, been kind to me even though I don’t deserve it, listened to me when I’m struggling, and shared so many memories with me. They are truly a gift.
They’ve truly exemplified this verse to me. No, they aren’t perfect, but I see our Heavenly Father working in them, and they have so often loved me when I am unloveable. 1 Corinthians 13:7, “Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.”
2. Flowers. This spring has been one of the wettest springs/summers on record in Colorado for A LONG TIME. If you look at the drought monitor, you’ll see what I mean. God’s mercy in sending so much moisture has been very evident as I run down the road and look at the miles of yellow flowers, green grass, and other wildflowers, some of which haven’t come up in droves for the past 5 or 6 years.
And of course, I love having potted flowers in the house. They just add that extra splash of color and JOY to the atmosphere.
3. Tomorrow is the 4th, and I don’t want to forget the significance of that day. I am grateful for men and women that gave their lives, their comforts, and their peace at home up for the freedom of our country. They fought for the freedom to worship and the freedom to build a country that loved our Creator and followed after Him. I will never forget their sacrifice.
It also means that we can celebrate in peace tomorrow, enjoy barbecues with friends, and share delicious food! What are you planning to make? I’m planning on at least making these, but I need to go to the store to get some ingredients:
I would also love to see some of these!
4. I love animals. It’s always so comforting to pull a furry body next to you and just sit their stroking them. Animals often remind me of this verse in Matthew 6:26 that says, “Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?”
God made the animals. He cares about them and for them. If He cares for animals, who don’t have souls, how much more will He care for me? No need to worry. God is IN CONTROL!
Isn’t she the cutest? :)) That’s the ‘lazy days of summer’ right there. 🙂
5. Excited about doing this today. . . I don’t know if I can say it’s a ‘favorite’ yet, but the idea of doing it and conquering more of my fears is a favorite, so I think it counts. This is definitely not as INTENSE as we will be doing… Baby steps. Baby steps. I don’t consider myself an adrenalin junkie at all, but I do consider myself someone who is open to new opportunities to conquer the fears I have.
Yeah, and I won’t be diving headfirst either. 🙂
Thankful for opportunities to step out in faith and remember that God is always with us, wherever we go, and whatever we do. May my life be to His glory today, and may I be humble enough to admit I was wrong, and trust in His AMAZING forgiveness.
Joshua 1:9, “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
Favorite things this Friday?
How are you going to celebrate the 4th?