Disclaimer: Remember I am not a medical professional, dietitian, nutritionist, or women’s health specialist in any way. What is shared in this podcast is purely from personal experience. Please consult your doctor or health professional for any changes in your own exercise/eating routine.
Periods. Regaining mine has been one of the biggest battles after recovery. When you work to regain something like your period, you realize what a blessing it is and how much you took it for granted. A topic that I have gone after time and time again, and I am really super thankful to report that I am in a good place when it comes to my cycle. I am in the best place, by God’s grace, that I have been in 10 years. This year, out of the first 5 months, the Lord has blessed me with 5 periods, and that is no small gift.
That’s what this last ‘solo’ episode is for; it’s to share this (I hope) final leg of this part of my story. I want to share the personal and hardest and best parts of regaining my period.
I’m hoping this is one of those final chapters in fighting the amenorrhea battle, and thus I’m compiling most of the posts and podcasts I’ve shared before right here:
It’s to share what I learned from 10 years of fighting food fears, fighting exercise addictions, comparison, and body image struggles.
In this episode I’m diving back into:
– Why you have to really find the balance in what exercise doesn’t over tax your body
– Do NOT let yourself be sucked in by fitness trends
– The joys of regaining your periods outweighing the inconveniences
– Find friends who have a healthy relationship with food
– Why different kinds of stress can really over tax your body
– What kinds of stress makes my body freak out
– The people who helped me the most in the regaining my period journey
– The happy movement i do now and the reason I exercise now
– Why our bodies are much smarter than diet culture
The four ladies that have been the most instrumental in helping me understand stress, periods, amenorrhea and the beauty of treating our bodies with the kind of grace and thanksgiving needed because God designed them for His glory are:
Thank you so much to all of you who have followed my journey here! I hope this is encouraging to you, and I am really looking forward to the next chapter of not worrying about too much exercise or too little but just doing what my body needs so I can keep living for Jesus Christ, the One who loves and gave Himself for me.
Have any of you had challenges with regaining your period after periods of amenorrhea?