I’ve read so many good articles in the past few weeks, but I’m just now getting to sharing some link love today. This week is going to be a CRAZAY busy week. I like low-key weeks. I really do, but I’m also game for challenging weeks that challenge my faith, my stamina, and my sanity, ’cause they make life interesting!
Without further chatting, I wanted to share some links and articles that have really encouraged and blessed me in various ways this week!
Eating Disorder Recovery
1. ‘Alive Again.’ – If you want to know how worth it recovery is, read this post. Recovery is worth every step, every pain, every tear, every heartache, because the feeling of being alive again when you begin to truly recover is one of the most amazing feelings of freedom EVER. Just today, my dad was preaching on Jesus coming so that we might be BORN again. That’s how recovery feels. It feels like being born again. That idol is gone, smashed under foot, and I have not been freer in a long time. The saving grace of Jesus Christ is an amazing thing.
2. ‘Recovery is Not A Solo Act.’ – One of the biggest factors and encouragements in my recovery was my family. You just can’t do your recovery alone, so find someone who can keep you accountable and challenge you to new heights of recovery. <333 Find someone who you love, who loves Jesus, and can point you back to Jesus in every step of the way.
3. ‘Let’s Talk: The Thigh Gap.’ – Love this because it just hits exactly how I feel about my thigh gap. God made me that way, and I’m learning to truly embrace and be thankful for it. Praising God that I am getting healthier!
Eating and Exercise
1. Meredith @ The Cookie Chrunicles really put this thought into words for me. The article was called, ‘I Do Not Run so I can Eat.’ And it really got me to thinking. I used to run so I could burn calories in order to eat, but God made my body to be active, not to be obsessed over burning calories in order to eat. My body already burns the calories naturally, and I want to listen to it and feed it whether or not I ran or exercised or sweated today . . . 🙂
2. ‘In Defense of the Potato.’ – Potatoes get a bad rap, but Kaila definitely clears the air and takes so much of the prejudice this white carb-a-licious vegetable has gotten over the years. If God made them, they must be good to eat, right? 🙂
Yummies for my Tummy
1. This No Cook Pumpkin Apple Butter sounds like something I will be making the week after this crazy conference at our house. O_o
2. ‘Crockpot Chicken Quinoa BBQ Dish.’ – I made a dish this week that was almost exactly like this recipe. I was surprised that quinoa actually tastes REALLY good in a Mexican themed dish.
Favorite links this week?
Do you like potatoes? Do you eat them?
The thigh gap. Thoughts?
Thankful for a quiet day in which I can share some of my favorite links on this Marvelous Monday! 🙂