I’ve read some really really good recovery/body image/health related posts this week, and I wanted to share five of them with you all today and give shout-outs to my friends who are writing REALLY good, honest articles. I’m linking up with Clare and all the other lovely or handsome bloggers that are sharing their Friday Favorites.
1. ‘When You’re the Only One Eating’ – from Life with Niki. Niki covers something that can be really sensitive during eating recovery, as a girl (or boy) begins to feed their body again. This requires frequent eating, and it often means that your eating patterns look really different from everyone else. You eat more. You eat more often, but Niki reminds us that it’s okay. If you need the fuel, eat it. Don’t worry about being different, because you are being a good steward of and caring for the body God has given you, in the proper and kind way.
2. ‘Why I’m Ripping the Sizes out Of my Clothes.’ – Wow, this one is on the link-up with Clare, and it really hit home. For so long, I didn’t want to have any clothes that weren’t size small, but I realized that was silly. I was determining beauty by the size of my clothes. Clothes are not you. You are the person God created you to be. You are not a size, but you are a soul. You are a precious soul, in need of the redemption of Jesus. You will be encouraged by this article. 🙂
3. ‘How to Help Others With an Eating Disorder when you are Still Suffering’ – I just found this through Jen’s blog. It hits home for me as I still have days when I struggle, and I know it wouldn’t be honest to post encouragement or ‘super POSITIVE’ posts when I just am not doing well. I love Maddie’s balanced perspective, and I think her story is unusual and amazing. It’s unlike any other blogger I have met so far. 🙂
4. ‘Five Health Trends I’m Just Not That Into.’ – I think Courtney is hilarious coupled with a super honest take on all things fitness and eating. She’s not worried about saying just the right things to make people like her, and I absolutely LOVE her posts especially on things like this. I often want to just hop on a bandwagon for the sake of being on a bandwagon, but Courtney has definitely helped me re-evaluate some of those health bandwagons, and make an honest assessment of whether I really want to do it because I need it, or whether or not I’m just caving to peer pressure.
5. 99.9 % Recovery – Alison really hit the nail on the head with the question of, ‘Are you really ever fully recovered?’ She covered it in a balanced way that really reflects many of my thoughts on this subject too.
And I got an instagram account everyone, so if you want you can join me as I post pictures of food, flowers, clothes, and some… selfies. 😀 – Here is my instagram: ‘Beauty in Christ’s Love.’ Leave yours in the comments so I can follow you!
Happy Friday everyone?
Do you have any favorite eating disorder recovery links from this week?