It’s time to do a bit o’ thinking out loud with Amanda! It’s a day to share random pictures, deep thoughts, what makes me smile, and pictures of tired backpackers (see below.)
1. Backpacking is exhausting. It’s really exhausting. Every 30 minutes or so, I wanted to sit down and just take a 5 minute cat nap. I took one of them while my brother and sister were down in a ‘cave’ created by rock pretending to be bears. I was too tired to get myself down into the cave too, so I decided to take a nap instead.
2. I love this guy. He turned 24 last week. He’s one of the most compassionate, caring, loyal friends and brothers that I know. Call me biased, but I’m glad I’m biased. God gave me an amazing blessing when He gave me my brother.
3. This is me posing for the ‘backpacker glamour’ magazine. Just kidding. 🙂 I’ve never really been someone who cared that much about make-up or fashion, and backpacking fashion is much more conducive to my ‘kind of fashion.’ Don’t worry. I don’t wear sweats to weddings. 😀
4. Definitely the friendliest bear I’ve ever encountered…
5. ‘Re-enacting the scene from Lion King.’ The only thing we were missing was a lion cub.
6. This lake? Have you ever just stared into a lake for 5 or 10 minutes and wondered at just how awesome God is to create such enormous bodies of water for Him to enjoy and us to enjoy? All creation certainly does SING His amazing glory!
Ok, what are your thoughts before the weekend is here?
Do you like the outdoors? Or would you rather spend most of your time indoors?