I’m wrestling with a lot lately. This season has been tough. I feel tired, weary, hopeful, thankful. There’s been so much going on here, and I’m not sure where to start, so I thought I’d write a bit, then share a podcast episode (hoping to encourage those who may be struggling with similar things).
This season has its challenges for sure, and the other day I was talking to a mom I really love and respect. She encouraged me that each season holds its own difficulties, and she reminded me that just because she’s a mom and a wife doesn’t mean she doesn’t have things she’s wrestling with, waiting on, and walking through every day.
Guys. Gals. I’m going to be honest with you, very honest. I love my life. I love the thing I get to do every day. I love being a single young woman who has many opportunities to travel, meet new people, enjoy my community, trust God more, and not feel like I’m not in the place that I’m not supposed to be in right now.
Basically, I have a great deal of friends married, in relationships, getting married right now, and I’m struggling with feeling stuck. I’m struggling with feeling like I’ll always be in this place and that everybody else will leave me behind.
And people have tried to comfort me, and some of their comforts work. Others don’t.
I’m going to talk about that in today’s episode:
– The comforts that help a single person
– The way to biblically encourage a single person who wants to get married
– The biggest blessings that I’m thankful for right now
– The busyness of this summer and why I need to stay busy
– the balance of saying ‘no’ and staying busy as a single person
– Why I’d love to be a wife and a mama but I’m holding that desire with an open hand
– The exciting news of September
– Moving on from solely ‘ED recovery’ focused content to a broader scope on the podcast
– The joy of this season and really learning that I don’t want it to speed by
– how I’ve grown and been challenged to be bold and fearless this season (encouragements for you all on being bold and fearless)
And. . . that’s that.
I’m hoping that I will be able to share some more podcasts these coming weeks on some of these struggles, victories, and especially something exciting that’s coming up in September. 🙂
What are you struggling with lately?