Tis the day to ‘Think out Loud’ and share random thoughts, recipes, and everyday happenings with my readers!
Before I get into sharing my recipe for today, I wanted to tell all of you about a new opportunity to sign up for a monthly newsletter via Mail Chimp (Hint: It’s in the sidebar)! If you subscribe to Mail Chimp, you will get access to articles and excerpts on true beauty, body image, and freedom from eating disorders that you won’t find on the blog!
The flavor of a chocolate chip cookie in your morning bowl of granola? Yes please. I made this the other week, and after it was done baking, I proceeded to eat… um… several handfuls. 🙂
I thought I’d go a bit lighter today, and I decided to share the recipe with you all, and I hope it might satisfy your craving for chocolate chip cookies the next time you eat breakfast . . .
Thanks Amanda for the link-up today and for letting me think out loud by sharing a recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Granola this morning! 🙂 I even get to use my nifty new Recipe Card plug-in. *Cue excitement.*
- 8 cups oats
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2-3/4 cup olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 3/4-1 cup honey (or agave nectar)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 c. protein powder (Optional)
- 3/4 c. walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix oats and walnuts with oil and honey.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix all the ingredients well until it forms clumps and the cocoa powder coats all the oats.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- Let it cool for about 10 minutes or until you can't resist snagging a clump.
- Just don't burn your fingers.
Random thoughts for the day? We’re out on the river rafting today for the first time in my life. I’ve lived in Colorado my WHOLE life, and I have never rafted the river here, so there’s no day like today to do it!
Have you ever been rafting?