Transformed? Have you ever seen ‘transformation’ photos on Instagram? I don’t really spend that much time looking at those, because I find that they can especially breed comparison for me as someone who used to compare my body/body shape all the time with other people. But what does transformed mean in Scripture? It’s MORE than the outward appearance. It’s more than the shape of your body; in fact it’s not really related at all to what your body looks like.
That’s why I wanted to interview Katie; Katie has an Instagram feed FILLED with ‘transformation’, and it’s that deep soul transformation that starts on the inside and works its way all the way outwards.
2 Corinthians 3:18, ‘But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as a]by the Spirit of the Lord.’
Romans 12:2, ‘And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.’
One of the biggest words that John the Baptist preached before Jesus Christ came was ‘repentance.’ You know what that means? It actually means a ‘change of mind.’
Acts 3:19-20, ‘Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord, 20 and that He may send a]Jesus Christ, who was b]preached to you before,’
Just check out all these photos from Katie; FULL of Scripture, FULL of LIFE, full of a woman who has been redeemed, changed, transformed by the renewing of her mind to see:
in a whole different light.
So I was pretty thankful when Katie reached out to me and asked if she could share her story on the podcast.
We talked about:
– Katie’s journey and struggles with chronic pain
– How Katie figured out she had coeliac, but she also found food freedom at the same time
– Thriving in spite of chronic pain because Katie’s hope is in Jesus
– Why Katie’s perspective of rest and exercise has transformed
– The importance of identity and finding our identity in God’s Word
– Why our society prizes ‘busyness’ and why we should prize the treasure of digging into God’s Word
– How Katie has been transformed/Her story
– Why wellness is such a BIG word and what it means for the Christian
– What has Katie learned about true beauty?
– How Katie has found true food freedom
– What it looks like to not focus on food and worry about those little fears around food
– Staying strong in the Lord in your recovery and not letting your mind be influenced by the wrong kinds of world 1views re: food and body
– What the motivation for ‘health and wellness’ is for Katie
Verses Katie Mentioned:
1 Corinthians 6:12, ‘“All things are lawful for me,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful for me,” but I will not be dominated by anything’
John 8:36, ‘So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. ‘
How have you been transformed through the power of Jesus?
Have you had chronic pain? How have you found hope in the midst of it?
What does it look like to thrive in the midst of pain?