So, it’s March 20 and it’s supposed to start snowing today. What’s up with this weather? Today’s Friday Five, co-hosted by me, Eat Pray Run, DC and Mar on the Run is themed SPRING. So has Spring Sprung? No, Spring has NOT Sprung.
Well, we’ve had a few days of spring-like weather were sprung here and there, but it’s not been ideal.
So in honor of our Springtime theme, I’m writing about Five Things I’m Looking Forward to in Spring.
1. Running without layers. The only reason I like running with a jacket is to have a pocket for my phone. That’s pretty much it. Other than that, I can’t wait for the days when I can just dash out of the house without debating what level of layering I need to do in order to go out on my run.
Case in point: On Wednesday I had a 4-mile run to do in the morning, my first run since the Rock n Roll DC Half Marathon on Saturday. I went outside ready to run – BRRRR! Came back in for the jacket.
My legs felt like lead and I made it through the run sluggishly.
2. Biking outside. I went out on my bike on Sunday for the first time since the fall. Goodbye, trainer – hello, outdoors, I thought! The good news is that I didn’t forget how to bike outside – clipping in and out of the pedals, switching gears in a pinch, maneuvering tight corners. The bad news is it was realllllly windy.
It was great to get the rust off my legs outside, but it was hard to even keep upright sometimes with the wind gusts!
3. The LUNA Chix Summit. I can hardly stand it, I’m bursting with excitement – I am going away on Thursday without any kids, and it’s not for work. I’m going to California for the LUNA Chix Summit – a weekend of bonding with my LUNA teammates, training to be a good team member/leader of our events for women, and learning about Clif Bar & Company and their ethos. We get to run with the LUNA pro athletes, do yoga, have training on everything from track drills to foam rolling to fundraising for The Breast Cancer Fund. I’m really looking forward to it!
4. Soccer and Hockey Mom Life. My daughter’s soccer practices have started and it’s almost time for the first game. We love going to her games, although you might recall that wrangling my boys on the sidelines can be a challenge! I’m also a hockey-mom-in-training and my son will continue hockey classes this spring. So it’s a sporty spring for the kids!
5. Beach time. I’m heading to the beach in April for a few days on my kids’ Spring Break! I’m taking a couple of days off work to spend some extra time with them on their vacation and show my au pair the beach area. It won’t be beachy weather, but I love the beach in springtime – walking and exploring in the mild weather before it’s too packed with beach-goers.
So that’s just a few things that are happening this Spring. It’s been a super busy week for me and I’m still coughing from being sick almost two weeks ago. Hope you have a fab weekend!